More Random Thoughts
I'm just rambling with some more random observations from Bastrop Federal Satellite Camp...
* There is a volunteer from Austin who has come here almost every Tuesday night for over 22 years to lead a Bible study. That's approximately 1,200 times. I know he can't work his way into heaven, but I'm just saying...
* We now have Blue Bell ice cream in the commissary. However the commissary is only open from 6:00-6:30 am once a week. We have to purchase it then and eat it immediately. After almost 8 months without any dairy products, eating a pint of Homemade Vanilla at 6:30 am was not my best move. Even so, I’ll be doing it again.
* I received my highest compliment here to date, during my first morning of working in Maintenance II. One of my Hispanic brothers told me he had never seen a white boy any better with a weed eater. That's high praise.
* We now have Grandy's jelly in the Chow Hall. It's 200% better than the old jelly, but didn't Grandy's close all its restaurants in 2000?
* There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
* “Donald Trump has had several foreign wives. It turns out there really are some jobs Americans won't do.” Mitt Romney
* God doesn't love you if and when you change. God loves you so you can change.
* We still have a pet cat here. He sat in my lap to watch the final round of the Masters though he seemed catlike about the outcome.
* Playing golf at Augusta National Country Club is on my bucket list. One of my friends here has played it 13 times.
* If eternal life is not a question of if, but when, might it be possible that it could begin now, even here? I wonder if we get a glimpse of eternal life when we experience childbirth or forgiveness or a Texas sunset or in moments of love.
* Anyone who wants to understand life in a federal prison should read "Mr. Smith Goes to Prison" in the April 2016 Readers Digest.